Welcome to the Osage Nation Language’s Department online course hub. We currently offer two classes:
- Osage Beginner 1A: Introduction to the Osage Orthography
- Osage Beginner 1B: Basic Thought Structure
Both courses are self-paced and can be completed online. These classes are offered to you by the Osage Nation Language Department free of charge.
To begin taking classes, follow these steps:
- Complete this registration form
- Create an account on this site
- An administrator will activate your account within 3 business days
- You will receive an email when your account has been activated
- You may then log in and select a class to enroll in
Preference for enrollment will be given to students who live outside of the Osage reservation boundaries.
Our online classes use modern audio and video technology. Ensure you have an up-to-date browser to benefit from them. We currently support the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. Other browsers may work, but are not supported.
While the website can be accessed by mobile devices, we recommend that you use a larger screen. A desktop or laptop, if you have the option, will provide a more beneficial learning experience.